Points to remember
Bear the following points in mind when doing yoga nidra:
- Relax, but don’t sleep.
- Be aware; don’t concentrate.
- Maintain the attitude of a witness – don’t get lost in the mental reverie.
- Maintain awareness of the sound of the teacher’s voice; don’t lose contact.
- Don’t move the body.
- Keep your eyes closed throughout the practice.
- Don’t try to intellectualize or understand the process of yoga nidra. Just follow and do the practice.
The following practice is made up of these ten stages:
- Sinking of the body
- Rhythmical breath awareness
- Visualization – body awareness
- Psychic centres – rotation of awareness
- Psychic centres – visualization
- Eyebrow centre awareness